Commendations for Fiction
- Papertrail, short-listed for a 2011 Varuna Publisher Fellowship
- Fading From View, short-listed in the International Tom Howard Prose Short Story Competition, 2010.
- The Walking Wounded, co-winner of the Byron Bay Writers' Festival LitLink Unpublished Manuscript Awards, 2010.
- Understanding Bioluminescence, highly commended in the Vogel/Australian newspaper Literary Award for novels, 1996.
- Strange Sunlight, short-listed in the HarperCollins Fiction Prize, 1996, long list in the Angus and Robertson/ National Book Council Prize, 1994.
- Signs of Life, winner of the Banjo Patterson Festival National Annual Short Story Competition, 1995.
- In Boorowa, highly commended in the Fellowship of Australian Writers National Annual Literary Awards: the Jim Hamilton Award for Novels, 1994, long list in the Vogel/ Australian newspaper Literary Award for novels, 1993, short-listed (as Butterfly Surprise, in the Angus and Robertson Bookworld Prize for novels, 1993).
- Home and Away, short-listed in the Banjo Patterson National Annual Short Story Competition, 1993.
- Joel and the Night, short-listed in the Shire of Eltham National Short Story Competition, 1987.
Commendations for Non-fiction
- A Lonely Business by Pauline McLeod (Simon Luckhurst, editor and compiler) shortlisted in the Harper Collins/ Varuna Award, 2010, and co-winner of the Fellowship of Australian Writers NSW Inc Walter Stone Award, 2010.
Commendations for Theatre
- Nought But The Leg, selected for an AWG Mentorship, November 2009
- Kasa 4 Yarn, nominated for 2010 AWGIE Award
- Lines in the Sand, selected for dramaturgical support, IPAC 2007 and performed as a rehearsed reading in the Merrigong Mix Raw program in May 2008, shortlisted for the 2008
Griffin Theatre Award and produced by ABC Radio National, directed by me, nominated for 2010 AWGIE Award
- Concerto for Humans and Semtex, shortlisted for 2006 Patrick White Playwrights’ Award, selected for the script development program at the Illawarra Performing Arts Centre in October 2007, nominated for AWGIE Award for Original Radio Broadcast, selected by the ABC as one of its three entries in the 2009 Prix Italia Awards for Radio
- The Unsheltered, long list in the 2001 Sydney Theatre Company/ Patrick White Play competition
Commendations for Radio Documentary
Commendations for Film
Love Incorporated, pilot script (written by Simon Luckhurst from a concept co-created with Aaron Fa'aoso), finalist in 2010 SPAA Conference pitching competition
- Christmas Bonus, winner of 2009 Short Sited 12 Film Festival
- Bruiser (director and co-writer, Simon Luckhurst), winner of the 1997 National Scenefest Short Film Competition ($2000) at the Harold Park Hotel, Sydney, second in the 1997 National Schlockfest Competition, Brisbane, winner of the Kodak/ TAP Gallery Film Festival, 1999, third in the 1998 Silver Nitrate Film Festival, Melbourne
Commendations for Corporate